View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kendra,

Bronchitis sucks- are they sure it's bacterial? It might be from a virus, or smoking...I remember last year after I had stopped smoking for a month, I started again, and got a wicked case of bronchitis, but it was from smoking I think, as I didn't have a fever, just a lot of phlegm and aching and such...I stopped smoking again, and it went away within a few days...It could have been a combo. of a virus and smoking, though...

It would be rough to have to deal with that while being on prednisone...i have a really bad cough too often, with lots of phlegm, but it's never yellow, always white, so I'm not sure what's causing it...it might be the mestinon as it increases secretions throughout the body...

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that Erin has high platelets...I remember her mentioning that before...If I'm wrong, and you read this, Erin, let me know! and then I remember someone else saying that they also had this problem, but I think that it was someone from a long time ago...Something I came across while going through old postings...

About the calcium and it competing for absorption...As far as I know, it always wins in the competition lol...SO you prolly have been getting your calcium all this time, but the other meds. may not have been absorbed as well...Certain types of antibiotics are similar...They can't be taken with food or other medicines, so check those out too...Boy, it's hard when you have to take a medicine every 3-hours, eh? Mestinon is a saviour but it's also a diva!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote