View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yep...

I'm in the same boat alright! I fell when I was 24 on a metal staircase and injured my back. Being young and a single mom with no insurance I didn't go see a doctor at the time and hence forth I have had increasing pain year to year...day to day for the last 24 years. I have constant pain but go through cycles of spasms where I can't even get out of bed and have often thought of taking my own life to end the pain!

The only reason I have not done such a dreadful thing is deep down I'm meaner than a snake and I'm determined to conquer this pain and take back my life! I've seen about 30 doctors and all any of them did was put a band aid on a gaping wound..."here just take a pill and you will feel better"...NOT!

Even the doctor I have now is the same way and I had to force her to do a MRI and send me to a orthopedic surgeon who is finally going to "try" some different methods of pain relief (i.e. spinal steroid injections and if that does not work nerve block surgery) which are LONG over due! I have gotten so sick of fighting the doctors to get off their "I'm afraid I'm gonna get sued butts" and actually do something that works for the long run. I think I'm almost there...finally...thank God! I'm so desperate for relief that if both of these don't work I honestly don't know what I'm going to do...I'm at the end of my rope and it's wearing very thin!
Backulla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote