View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, arachne! I'm glad you made it! We move pretty slowly around here, but not as slowly as that yahoo group. Discussion is more lively on the Trigeminal Neuralgia board if you want more folks to talk to. They have many of the same experiences as we do- especially with medications.

I read your introductory post, so I will share my stats, too. I'm a 24 year old woman, also married, but no kids. I'm currently unemployed, but I'm educated as a medical physicist and am looking for a job. I also like to knit, but I confess I'm not very good at it and have never made up my own pattern. (I go by this name on Ravelry, too. If you're on there, you should look up the neuralgia group.) More than knitting, I enjoy baking! (And, of course, chocolate. )

This month marks my 10 year anniversary for having GN, though I went undiagnosed for the first five years. No one, it seems, expects neuralgia in a teenager. I was in remission all through December, but three days ago it came back with a vengeance, so now I'm back on the meds. I'm just so glad to have them at all, and it's reasonably well under control for the moment.

I hope that you're having a good day. Welcome to the boards!
semcsquared is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote