View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I think Chemar too should chime in here...

OCD behaviors that come up suddenly...can be Pandas. This is an autoimmune reaction to the Strep bacteria.

Some OCD can be from nutrient deficiencies. Some from genetics (temperment), and some from Pandas. Autoimmune issues can arise from gluten intolerance/Celiac as well as malabsorption of nutrients.

Kids often do repetitive things to calm themselves, as well. So it might be hard to separate out that emotional component.

I have never heard of "food therapy"... can you explain that more?
Kids with sensory issues can become "pickey" about food, how it feels in the mouth etc. Sensory Integration issues are a whole disicipline in themselves.
Does you child get enough protein each day? Enough electrolytes?
This is important for growth.

Inositol is often used for mild OCD...this is a powder and tasteless and can be mixed into juice. But I would have a doctor supervise its use in a small child, and give the dosage needed for your child.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote