View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Alice.

You had mentioned in another post anti-ryanodine antibodies, which I'd come across in the past, but had forgotten about...I feel like I prolly have these because of my continuous bulbar sx (and thymoma) which seem to be resistant to prednisone....I'm supposed to start Imuran, but I have a feeling that it wont work because it works in the same way prednisone does (at least in terms of the type of suppression of the immune system it does)...

I guess I should get tested before assuming I have them, but I feel pretty certain...I wonder what treatments is the best for this type of antibody...i'm attracted to the idea of making a new immune system from scratch because I don't have to be on the medication for months and then find that it hasn't worked, plus it might get rid of the other autoantibodies I have permanently too (anti-dsdna, ana, thyroid)...At least I'll know right away, as opposed to 6-12 months later...It's so hard to know what to do...

I've also heard that rituximab might not work for my type either (achr positive, with severe bulbar sx)...

Thanks for taking the time to respond- I appreciate it!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote