View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had my first grand mal seizure in December of 2008 at the age of 44. My husband and I were shopping and I remember getting into our truck in the parking lot and him asking me where I wanted to go for dinner. The next thing I remember is waking up with him on the phone. I asked him who he was talking to and he said "911". I asked what for and he said that I had a seizure. I don't think you ever remember them. I had another in the hospital and don't remember that or falling off of the guerney in the ER. The last one I had was in April of last year at work. I remember not feeling well and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor waking up from a seizure. I don't remember that either. I have not had one since then. I started out on Keppra, but it made me really tired so I was switched to Lamictal. This has worked very well for me. My first neurologist said that the only way they would be able to tell why I have the seizures is to do the video EEG. I am not willing right now to have another seizure and lose the ability to drive for another 3 months. Maybe in the future, if I am seizure free on the meds I will want to find out what is caused the seizures. Right now it is not on my priority list.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote