Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mark,

I have filed a claim against the ER. They are not disputing what happened in the ER, but are trying to say that my year-long symptoms of PCS may be a result of underlying medical problems or my seizure disorder. I can tell you that I didn't not feel any of this before the accident - as far as an underlying medical condition, plus I haven't had any other medical conditions. As for the seizures, once I switched medications, I was less tired, but still have headaches after a year and can't be in loud spots and have ringing in my ears constantly. My attorney wanted to know who I thought was the "quarterback" in my treatment, meaning who would know my symptoms the most. I told her that the neuro that I saw initially worked for the hospital, so she wasn't going to say that I had a concussion. My family doc said I was depressed and that was why I had a headache and loss of interest in most things. She increased my Prozac. I then went to see a psychiatrist who told me that I was not depressed and took me off the antidepressants. I went to a sports medicine doc because he deals a lot with concussion patients. He told me that the symptoms I had were due to a concussion. I then saw another neuro for a second opinion. The attorney doesn't want to use the info from the concussion doc because he is not a neurologist. In short, I am the "quarterback" because I am the one who made all the appointments with different people to just get some answers and the help that I needed. I have learned that you have to advocate for yourself because no one else does.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote