View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default My Webcam works

Holy Cow.

I have no idea how I did it. I had uploaded something to youtube, and while the picture came out beautifully, there was no sound.

Then I saw the link that said "Record by Webcam" (or something to that effect), and I said "Oh, I can record directly to youtube".

So I did a little experiment. Again, picture came out fine, no sound. I use headphones that are plugged into my monitor, but they have two outlets (one for headphones and one for microphone.

So I unplugged the one that was going directly into the monitor, and took both ends, went over to the front of the tower where there are two inputs, One for headphones, and the other for microphone.

I plugged them in, did another test.

AND VOILA!!!! everything worked.

Then I said 'well, if I can upload to youtube, I should be able to go into the webcam software directly and make a video just for my viewing, right?

so I just did it.

AND IT CAME OUT.

I cannot believe it. I now have this neat little webcam that will let me do all the bells and whistles and editing, and creating these great things.

ONLY, ALL I KNOW HOW TO DO IS MAKE A VIDEO.

I have to LEARN ALL THE OTHER STUFF.

but hey, I'm only 62. I HAVE LOTS OF TIME.

lol

Melody

UPDATE UPDATE.

I spoke to soon. I just made my video of ME, doing the record from webcam thing. Look how it came out. What the heck did I do wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLboZUK0tI

Oh, and FYI, before I did it this way, I recorded myself using the software, when you click on the option, "capture from device". I recorded it, played it back, AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE, sound was fine, picture was fine.

So how come, when I did the record from webcam thing, I get all this static.

AND I THOUGHT I NAILED IT.

Oh brother!!!
lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-14-2010 at 01:15 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote