View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow...It seems like you're right on!

It's funny you mention Duchenne's...I looked up 'prednisone + DHEA' because I was thinking that I should maybe take DHEA since it's suppressed while on steroids, and I came across info. on how Duchenne's is treated with prednisone which I didn't understand why, but now do...

When I was reading postings by Cowgirlup, I felt that she must have the same antibody as me- the one that causes my strange symptoms because our sx are sorta similar, at least from what she described...I agree that I don't think that the achr antibody is causing at least the majority of my sx. My titre is 2.88, and my MG is severe. I know that the docs. say that the titre, at least when it comes to MG, is not related to severity of sx, but the titre of antibodies in other illnesses is, so it seems that maybe something else is going on.

I asked my neuro. yesterday if I was tested for the ryr and titin antibodies, and he said that I wasn't because it wasn't necessary in diagnosing the MG (I also suspect that they never suspected that I had a thymoma either...I think they thought that I had the MuSK type).

Anyway, I think that you are definately right on the money...What you say makes perfect sense, and yes, I was convinced that I had some other illness for the longest time because the mestinon didn't work for me at all, it seemed...I have to admit that it does work now, especially the time-release, so I'm still wondering what's up with that...It all is very complicated, but keep doing what you're doing...If people have the ryr antibody, then prednisone shouldn't be prescribed to them because it just makes things worst!

P.S. My SFEMG was very abnormal..It was done in my forehead (where I didn't seem to have any sx).

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote