View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglytoes View Post
Dear, P. Yes indeed, the hypersensitivity to brain injury, stroke in my case, seemed to bring about an almost universal intensity of emotional lability,( or intensified, highly variable, emotional affect). I was part of a stroke support group and part of a center for adult onset disability(brain/neurological disorders). It was pretty much as you described across the board. I suspect drugs act like a catalyst for furthering the issues. It is s Hockey described, all bets are off. Even a friend who has post concussion syndrome is strangely affected. It could also be selective inhibition has been reduced. Especially if injury is frontal cortex. Just remember that the doc works for you, and if he does not respect your reports, find someone who will. Good luck to you... Best Wishes TT
It was good to know that I'm not alone. I'm not around any people who have any issues like us and don't see my physiatrist very often at all and have never seen a neuropsych. To be honest, I haven't really received very good aftercare because of how I got injured. When you get injured during a surgery, it makes for an interesting situation.
Phyxius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote