View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussionkate View Post
Morgansgrandma,

I'm sorry for your accident and your ongoing symptoms. I hope you can find some relief, or at least just a place to get started. Definitely do some research and get yourself ready for whatever doctor's appts you have. You have to be your own advocate in the brain injury game.

I'm sorry I don't have more information for you, but I'm here for you for support and I'll listen.
Thank you so much Kate for the support and understanding.

It is so frustrating to be in pain every second of every minute of every hour, day after day after day. This is day 50 for me. I went to the dr yesterday and she told "I told you, that you have a concusion and a miagraine"..I said, for 49 days? and she told me to quit counting...that a person can have a concusion and a miagraine for months and months. (not so reasuring for me)...anyway, she put me on another drug and told me to take it as perscribe so that my body will heal. It's only been two days....I'm not feeling the "miagraine" but the numbness, tingling down my arm, the burning behind my ear, and pressure behind my eye is still present. I know that the meds are just "masking" the miagraine.....(I did sleep through the night last night, that was a good thing". Anyway, I guess I just need to be patient and see how the drug works.
morgansgrandma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote