View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kate,

Thank you for the prayers, I wouldn't have made it this long without God's help.

My saving grace is that I have fair immediate memory. But short term is poor. Now not to sound like I'm bragging, but prior to the concussion I had an exceptional memory and enjoyed the fact that I could meet a client and six months or more later be able to recognize and remember their names and the circumstance that brought them in to see me. I think that is what allows my damaged brain to get me through each work day, but it leaves me exhausted. As a matter of fact I just woke up from a power nap lol. Something I never did before the mtbi.

What I believe is happening to me now is that the longer out I go from the date of injury, the more I need to depend on memories of things that happened after the accident. For the past nine months I been mostly dealing with issues that were already well established in my mind BEFORE the head injury. Now I find myself overwhelmed trying to work on new issues that come across my desk. I could tough out the headaches and all of the other problems that only made working very uncomfortable, now work is becoming impossible! I cannot remember important details even with written notes. Recently my two sons got new cell phones and I cannot remember their number no matter how hard I try. Driving scares me because I'll find myself suddenly not knowing where I'm at and why I'm going there, it's as if I'm daydreaming without realizing it. I've had to pull over feeling a bit panicky and allow my brain to function again. Then I am able to regain where and why I'm going somewhere. Much too strange to explain.

Sorry to be rambling...I just write what I'm thinking of the top of my head. When I reread my writing I realize it's rambling, but I'm too tired and mentally exhausted to edit it.

Have a great day!
jemahon4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-17-2010)