View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope15 View Post
Is there anyone out there that would like to take your worse neuropathy pain and by magic make someone else experience that pain for five lousy minutes? That smug doctor? A significant other or family member who just doesn't "get it"? How about the person who wants to turn it into a competition and claims that there is no way your neuropathy can hurt more then their arthritis, bad back, headaches (or insert any other medical condition). What about the person who assumes that your pain is not really that bad because "you don't say much about it" They have no idea even when you have explained it to them that you sadly have adapted sometimes to being in pain and don't always talk about it.

People who have never had neuropathy need to to put a sock in it when they think things like, "It can't be that bad"...

Just venting.....

Totally get it.
My cousin was telling me she had an MRI of her neck and back because she has odd sensations in her face (pins and needles), and her arms and hands go numb due to nerve compression from the discs in the neck. She said this is the worst feeling in the world and nobody can imagine what she feels. No I guess I can't imagine what it would be like to have PN in only a few spots because I have bodywide neuropathy.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (01-15-2010)