View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need help with sleep issues

My 15 year old daughter suffered a concussion 3 months ago and has been out of school since the injury. She is still dealing with fatigue, headaches, memory issues (along with many other executive function issues), and sleep issues. She is also dealing with anxiety about returning to school - both from a academic stand point and a social one. The school is very willing to provide her with whatever accommodations she needs when she returns.

Her sleep issues and fatigue are two barriers to getting her back to school even just part time. We have tried to work on sleep hygiene with limited success, tried doing relaxing things before bed, turned off all electronics 2 hours before bed and many of the other usual suggestions. We have tried melatonin and other over the counter supplements. I've given her Ambien. Nothing seems to help. She isn't on any medication other then tylenol/avil for headaches (but it doesn't really help), vit D, fish oils, vit c and sometimes vit b's. I've also given her mag/calc/zinc.

What has worked for you guys?
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-15-2010)