View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, and thanks for the reply, I've had damage to my spine for several years (herniated L4-5 if I remember correctly), which saw me bed ridden a couple of times for up to 12 weeks at a time,but I haven't had any major problems with it lately but its something I'm going to bring up with my consulatant when I see him later this month.

Quote:
Well... I'd look at the metformin for now. It can reduce B12 levels in 40% of the people taking them. So get a test for this and if the numbers are below 400, you need to supplement ASAP.
(doctors may say a result below this is "normal" but it is NOT).
I rang my GP's surgery this morning and asked for the results of my B12 test to be told it was normal, some further digging managed to get the count from him which was 312, so I'm guessing that its worth me trying a supplement and I'll get some today.

Regarding the magnesium, I read in the link provided (very informative thread by the way) that it may clash with Aspirin, would bathing in Epsom Salts be a good way of getting some Magnesium absorption through the skin rather than taking an oral supplement if this is the case, sorry for all the questions and thanks for your time, Andy
Andy A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote