View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Scrabble

Yes Rosebud, I'm ready for Scrabble. I've seen my score much improved since taking it up again. I wish that PD people would have yearly meetings so that they can exercise the challenges they pose on this board. I also like Jeapardy as a mind game. I've tried to get on that program a number of times and always come close but never have made it. I wonder how they would react to a trembling player in their midst. I also try to memorize a new poem every week (a short poem). This week it's Jenny kiss'd me when we met

Jenny kiss'd me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
Say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kiss'd me.

If anyone reading this is named Jenny it's just a coincidence...or maybe not.

I don't do well with Wheel of Fortune and I haven't played Chess for a long time but I find that work can give my brain a good workout. I joke with my colleagues that when I arrive at work I turn on the computer and wait for an idea to float into my head. I then turn it over and, if it's not a good idea, jettison it. Indeed, I sometimes spend the better part of a good day dumping bad ideas. At day's end I am frequently up to my neck in ideas that, in the words of someone who's name I've forgotten, 'ain't worth a pot of warm spit."

But I enjoy the company of my mind. It's the only thing that accompanies me to the shower; I've never heard it snore and it never borrows money. Sometimes it wanders off and plays with my Grandson but it never wanders very far.

Well, I guess I've said enough. Don't you have something better to do then read this stuff?

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote