View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Take two swips...

Quote:
Laura-
The rate of processing varies with individuals based on their liver enzymes. Some of us are as much as ten per cent of normal and levels build quickly at normal doses.

The DXM is bi-phasic. A little works. A little more not only doesn't but actually has an opposite effect.

If I followed your pattern, I would freeze by the second day because my liver couldn't keep up as levels rose.

I'm currently taking a day off to clear and will next test a larger dose but just every other day.
Rick,

Ha. I have a pattern, more like had. I don't have the patience for measuring and recording - wish that I did. I know that we need small doses and that the dosing is highly idiosyncratic depending on one's metabolism thanks to both you and Robert. Here's where I throw caution and my neurotransmitters to the wind, and I swip (combination of swigging and sipping directly from the bottle) small amounts and see what happens. This largely reflects my cooking style....a dash of pepper, a shake or two of balsamic vinegar, etc.

The important thing to report is that I can corroborate Rick's finding that DXM does make a difference with dyskinesia. I hadn't noted it before because I don't have it frequently and when I do it is usually tolerably mild- kind of like a restless leg. Yesterday, I somehow got off schedule with meds and dosed a little too close together- I definitely threw something out of whack...and had more dyskinesia to show for it. For the first time, I was uncomfortable with it and concerned because I was soon meeting some people I barely knew for dinner. This was around 6 PM, and my right leg was dancing noticeably. I took a swip, and within minutes, felt a calm feeling wash over me not a rush but a slow, wave throughout the body sort of feeling wherein all the tingly nerves and jump out of my skin feelings began to dissipate. It's as if all my receptors have heard a lullaby.

What's cool is that it didn't happen like an "on" switch. It took maybe 10 minutes and it seems that the 'wash over' effect on my body worked on the stressors- so I felt calm, at ease, and normal! This is what I love the most. Not only does it erase the dyskinesia, not merely mask it, mind you (this is huge in our world)but rid of it, but psychologically, it rids of any anxiety you may be feeling at the same time. Now, I wish I had used my measuring spoons instead of swipping!

I really wanted to be sure that I was experiencing the real thing. When I first started using it, I noted more fluidity with my meds- a very mild wearing off but had not tested it with dyskinesia. So now, I know that I can take it over night for neuroprotection (hopefully) and on as need basis for dyskinesia. I'm on to the next step of going back to trying it twice a day every 5 hours apart to see if this has any benefit for the meds- it seemed I had a honeymoon and that when stress enters the picture, the DXM does not help boost meds- will try this again and see. I will definitely measure.

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 01-15-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Clear up duplicate quotation
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RLSmi (01-15-2010)