Old 01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
-

-but the idea of having more than one car, or a second vacation home, or even a large private home with a big lawn I'd have to waste resources on due to some ridiculuous community standard involving property values, is anathema to me.

There's a lot of research out there now that seems to indicate that the happiest people are not those with the most things, but the most human connections. I'd bet on that.
We have a computer, obviously. We have more than one car. We live in the boonies so that's a necessity. We do not have a large home with a big lawn or a new home for that matter. There are lots of things which we do not have and never have had and do not care to have.

I too agree that we have an influence on our surroundings but I do not believe in global warming either.

I also feel that this discussion did not start about global warming. For my part, I was simply posting about the correlation of when it's colder in Alaska it is warmer in MN and visa versa. And that's not something I read in a best seller or anything like that. It holds true as I posted the reason for it. Then somehow it got into global warming. Go figure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote