Thread: Muscle Spasms
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Diana Dilley;610601]
I have complete and severe muscle cramps as well. I have described this to my neurologist and to the Genetics doctor I met; and, both say that this is not typical with PN. I have been diagnosed with Charcot Marie Tooth, Type 1A. This is a genetic type of neuropathy.

I have been complaining about severe and sudden muscles cramps for about 8 years now. I was actually diagnosed with CMT after a particularly bad bout of muscle cramps. It's what convinced my family doctor to refer me to a neurologist. We had already gone over my diet, blood oxygenation and blood work repeatedly; and all seemed normal.

I don't know if these cramps are due to the neuropathy, or if it just so happens to be something else and we just happened to find the neuropathy first. I must admit that I have far more difficutly dealing with the cramps than the CMT symptoms. I dread them. I scare my family when I get them.

Hi Diana, The muscle cramping is more than likely due to your CMT. Most of us have it but some much more severe than others.

CMT affects your nerves/muscles in your hands, feet, legs, forearm, fingers, toes, etc. Many other parts of your body as well - many abnormalities. So there will be muscle cramping, etc. Just something to think about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote