View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I guess I fall in the I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy category. I'm afraid if I did, I may burn in hell.

I have my days tho. I must look worse or something, because in general, people have been over-attentive. That has its downside too. I bearly even open a car door for myself lately, and I always have some one hovering over me when I walk on the snow and ice.....like, that helps, we would both go down!

My docs have been really good lately too....so, I can't complain, but, I know before things got this bad, at times, I did wish this on others.

MrsD has a point, in not looking too good for the docs, and I tend to do that. When they start poking and proding lately, I let them know what hurts, not buck up, like I used to. I have learned to tell them my symptoms, not my theory of what I have.

I think the point is, that SOME people can be really unempathetic and cold. I think that some people are just like that. Some people are just naturally more narcisstic. It is hard, but, try not to take it personally. I know it is hard. Also, make your doc appointments as early in the day as possible. You get worse care in the afternoon. Docs and nurses are people and they get tired as the day wears on. They are pressured to jam ever growing numbers of patients into less time.

I look at it this way, we are all born with certain strengths and weakness, and some people are born with more empathy, others, not so much. Just like physical strength, some have it, some don't. I won't ever be an astrophysicist either, but, some of them, may not have been good nurses, teachers or social workers. All people have different characteristics.

Also, you can't convince those people otherwise, so don't waste your breath.

You can't convince any one of anything, save your energy for where it does the most good. You will know where that is.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (01-15-2010), Hockey (01-15-2010), Rrae (01-16-2010), tinglytoes (01-19-2010)