View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 3....MUCH MUCH better!

Okay, so after the 'pity me party' for a day I am back to report that after my extractions on Tues, it is now Friday, sooo much has changed....
#1, my dentist that did the extractions ROCKS! My fear was unwarranted. I didn't feel anything and it was done in a flash....I even got a look at the teeth that where taken out and never realized the length of a tooth and they where in tact....
#2 Nitreous Oxide is AWESOME.....breath in breath out and concentrate on your breathing and that will distract you and it's over before you know it!
#3 DON'T RUSH to 'get back to normal'.....drink lots of protein shakes....yummy Special K's are great....everyone is different and recoup time is different....

I took a shower today, put on my make up and although my upper lip still makes me look like a who in whoville, I went to my dentist for my follow up for the dentures, a little adjusting and all set and he was AMAZED that I took them out and put them back in withOUT a mirror....better not to look sometimes...LOL....
I can feel the swelling in my sinuses and my cheeks coming down, ALEVE is GREAT! I used Tylenol Extra Strenght PM for the 1st 2 days, then to ALEVE, the PM was knocking me out...LOL....and for the 1st time in a LONG time I am breathing easier....don't know why.....
I took before and after pics.....amazing....the man that makes the dentures is AMAZING...they don't look fake, there are little nuances to each tooth...it is AMAZING that my smile at 50 is what it was at 16! It is an ART to make dentures that look this great.....

As I had VERY advanced Periodontal Disease that my teeth where falling down and spacing, this is where I had to go....and my bottoms are doing good, keeping them up and will REALLY work hard at not letting them get to this point.....

I thank God that I found my dentist and his hygenist and the Periodontal Dentist, and NOW, I do NOT fear going to the dentist!.....

Although talking will take some time to get use to, I am on the phone to my Mom alot, talking outloud, singing in my car....practise makes perfect....I just sooooo can't wait to have a steak and cheese sub, or a burger...and ONE day, maybe steak....mmmmm....

So here is to the future with a great smile! The future still holds some more work needed...a couple of implants on the bottom, more scalings to keep up the bottoms, and at some point anchors for the tops so that I can have the roof of my mouth back! BUT, having this team of Dentists, makes it worth while! Wished I found them 10 years ago....hmph.....
humarock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote