View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 2 of no Narcotic pain killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
For those of you who are thinking about it, good luck. My doctors suck. I am about ready to file a complaint with the state of California on two of them. I called my Pain Med and Neurologist about 3am, left a msg. I requested an emergency appt with my Neurologist because Restless Legs Syndrome is driving me crazy. ReQuip, Neuronitin, Valium, and other things were a joke.

I have only had a few hours sleep since Saturday night. I finally used 15mg Oxycodone for relief and it worked. Just great. I want off Opiates and due to no support from my doctors I had to use an opiate to get some sleep. I am NOT happy with them.

I am feeling better this afternoon, I hope to get some good sleep tonight. Thanks to Oxycodone.

On the bright side of things I don't miss morphine, demerol, Fentanyl, etc. a little bit. I did not miss Oxycodone either.

If I had any advice to you, expect the unexpected.
Hi, I am new to this site. I had fought against taking Narcotics for the first 17 years of acute to chronic pain. I was an a car accident and also have brain damage.

About 3 years ago I went broke. All the ways I managed pain, acupuncture, massage therapy, hot / cold contrast baths, Letha Yoga; which is a system where somebody else stretches every muscle and joint in your body for you, are now too expensive. I have Medicare and Humana drug coverage, so Narcotics is the only thing I can now afford.

They enter my system as poison. I want to die for about 15-30 minutes, then I get 4 magical hours of no pain. If I can get the dose just right. Not enough does nothing, too much puts me to sleep.

My doctor convinced me to go on pain killers full time. This ended the poison feeling. For the first 2 years, they worked great. The problem now is, I kept hurting myself and did not know it.

The pain meds no longer make me feel energised and ambitious. Now they just make me sluggish and stupid.

I was using 75 Fentanyl Patches and 60 mg morphine every 4 hours. My doctor advised I schedule down in 3 day increments. My pharmacist felt that was too quick and thought 5 day increments would be better.

I got Valium and Klonopin, just in case. I am also bi-polar, and was epileptic for a time after the accident. I had a bruise on the right temporal lobe of my brain.

I started cutting down on December 28th. My last 25 Fentanyl came off 3 nights ago. I took the last dose of 45 mg Morphine 2 days ago. Last night I took a sleeping pill, Restoril.

So far so good. I am not planning on risking any type of irratic brain stuff, since I already have too much of that. I doubt this is the last morphine I'll take.

What do any of you find is the difference in effects of Morphine and Oxycodone? I have them both. I won't take any more Fentanyl, since I have two dogs. The last patch fell off and I have never found it. I'm praying it was already "dead" when it fell off, it had been over 3 days.
tazzpup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote