View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nancy,
I do have trouble waking the next day. I don't know if it's the Elavil or if it's just the PCS. It's hard to say. While the Elavil may not always help me fall asleep, it does help me stay asleep longer most nights. I'm not calling it a wonder drug or anything, but it might be worth a shot.

My neuro says that Elavil is supposed to cover the three symptoms: sleep, headaches, and pain. It's definitely not knocking all three of these out in me, but I do get some mild relief with it. I guess I'm saying I'm better with it, than without it. As with any drug, though, I worry about being dependent on it. I can't sleep at all without it.

The sleep issue is frustrating. I never had any issues before the concussion with sleep. I felt great after only 6 hours most nights. Now, I never feel refreshed in the morning. It would be great to feel well rested just once! I haven't felt like that since before the concussion.

Nancy, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this, and your poor daughter. I am praying for you both. I pray that the doctors will work with you and your daughter and that you can both find some relief and peace.

My neuro tried Nuvigil with me to help me with my lethargy. I did not find success with it and my insurance didn't cover it, but you may want to ask about it. It is basically a type of Amphetamine that is supposed to help *can't think of the word for people who fall asleep all day*.

I found that I felt to wiry on it, and couldn't sleep at night after I had taken it that day. I don't know if others have had success with it.

Keep me posted.