View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Kate. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. This has been by far the hardest issue I've dealt with as a parent. My youngest has had a number of surgeries and tough behavorial issues before we discovered she has ADHD. All of that seems easy now.

I believe narcolepsy is what you are refering too. Once my daughter is able to fall asleep, she generally sleeps through the night until I awaken her the next day. She could easily sleep 12 hours a day. I purchased a product by ZEO to track her sleep - so I know how much light, deep and rem sleep she gets and how often is wakes up. She always tells me she doesn't sleep well and I think that is because of the about of REM sleep she is getting 30-35% each night. Her mind seems to be constantly going. A lot of her difficulty falling asleep is also turning off her mind. Some of it is anxiety and some of it isn't. I just can't help thinking that if we could improve quality of sleep, her fatigue would lessen and then perhaps her memory would improve.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote