Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk RFA has been a life saver for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy55 View Post
I am scheduled to have RFA done to cut a painful nerve in my lower back on Thursday. I have been talking to some friends(none of whom have had it done) and they don't think it is a good idea. I wondered if I could get some feedback on this procedure. I kno that I remember having read some posts on BT1 on this subject but at the time, I didn't have a reason to absorb the info. Any info would be appreciated.-Linda
I have DDD and I did RFA on the facets of C2-C5 last year, and its made the difference between my going on disability full time and being able to continue working half time. Since I don't know if I could trust my supplemental disability company, this difference is very important to me. Next week I am having L4 L5 and S1 done, and I will need to repeat the cervical spine in the coming months. For me it was well worth the pain and recovery from the procedure! I am allergic to narcotics btw, so my options for pain control are limited. I am only 46 years old, I probably have a lot of years left of herniated disks, spinal impingement, and all those painful peripheral neuropathies that goes with this crud. Thank God for radio frequency ablation.
RamblnRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote