View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh they do this on purpose. I applied online. Then they sent me an email asking for additional info, which i have a copy of... and I sent it to them. Then I get the denial letter stating I never sent in the paperwork they requested. Which I appealed and once again sent a copy of the paperwork... waiting, waiting, waiting, was told they had until Jan 15 to make a decision. Then I get a call last week telling me that my original application was kicked out of the system because they never received the paperwork so the appeal is going to be kicked back until I fill out a new app. So i asked for an appt to see someone in person... which was today. After going over my paperwork and seeing all of my documented issues, she is pretty sure I will be approved... but I have to wait 3-4 months to get that official decision!!! Mind you I applied in JUNE! My unemployment has run out, and now my savings is down to less than $100 and I am being told to wait again?!?!? I was then told to apply for welfare, food stamps, etc etc.

SO I head over to my handy dandy lawyer office. They inform me that because I didn't send the original paperwork as certified mail with a return receipt that I have no proof they ever received it and I am now forced to play this little game. But they also recommended I apply for all of the welfare things stating "Social Services will see you have a disability claim on file and THEY will light a fire under SSDI to get on the ball". Now how much sense does this make??

I don't want to play this game!! I just want a little bit of the money I paid into SSDI back! Honestly I just want to be able to afford my health insurance. UGH!!!

In hindsight, maybe I should have packed some #2s!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bets (01-15-2010), gonnamakeit (01-15-2010), karousel (01-15-2010), SallyC (01-15-2010)