View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I am new here too. I don't have much advice but there are a lot of members here that are wise, caring and are going through something similar. Although, you probably already know that. I have been helped tremendously here, if only for communicating about how I feel. I am sure my Husband is tired of hearing about it, although he doesn't complain.

I have been suffering for about 20 years and am in the process of getting a diagnosis/prognosis. My emg/conduction showed a small amount of demyelation in the left leg. I have had a skin biopsy and labwork and go back mid-February for the results. Like you, I have been ill for a long time. My neurologist suspects autonomic and peripheral neuropathy. But who knows, maybe it will take more time to find a diagnosis.

Please let me know (if you don't mind), what is your prognosis and what is the plan of treatment? Even though I don't have a concrete diagnosis, my neurologist prescribed alpha-lipoic acid and l-carnatine (sorry for the spelling - it's not as good as it used to be).

I know you might feel scared and depressed... but at least you know what it is now... and you can focus on the positives. I hope you feel better. Mere
You are so right, Mere. At least I have a name for this monster. Now I want to open a can of "whoop *****" on it!! For the time being, I am taking 300 mg of Neurontin at bedtime and I have a follow-up appt in March. Not much to go on...that is why I am here.......because the experts are here!
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote