View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr View Post
With having RSD and all that goes with it, of course I've been fatigued and fog-headed for years. But the last several days, it has been so much worse! In the early afternoon, I've been having these "spells" where I am really weak, extremely fog-headed, nausiated, and have slowed-down breathing (so slow, it fact, I feel as though I have to consciously put out the effort to keep breathing; caught myself stopping breathing a couple of times -- and it's not anxiety). Haven't changed my diet or meds. I have 2 SCS and take percocet. When I have these spells, I'm (mentally, not physically) afraid of falling asleep because I'm afraid I will stop breathing. I'm assuming this is just really low blood pressure. Does that sound right? Anyone else relate to which I'm speaking of?

Thanks!!! Vanna
Hi Vanna, I'm sorry you are having this fatique, weakness, etc. I would get into the Dr. right away Because RSD is an autonomic disorder, we can have high blood pressure from the sympathetic nervous system AND low blood presure from the para sympathetic nervous system. When I was into RSD in 9th-10th year, I woke up weak, stumbling and passed out for some length-hr-1 1/2 hr. Couldn't get up, when I woke up- but got husband attention and called 911. One paramedic thought I was dead, couldn't find pulse-was in semi icu for 4 days. blood pressure was 60/40 I bought a home unit at Costco and take my presure regular. I can tell when it drops,physically It's serious. I try to keep my pressure even, through healthy diet, I eat a high antioxidant diet. I eat healthy chocolate, fresh fruits and veggies, fish- mostly vegetarian. small, short periods of light exercise.
Please let us know how you are, and what the Dr. says. Take care, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (01-16-2010), cindi1965 (01-17-2010), SandyS (01-16-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-15-2010)