View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

KS, sleep apnea had crossed my mind about something that may be going on while I'm sleeping; but these episodes occur while I am awake. Or, barely awake I should say.

Loretta, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dangerously low episode of blood pressure, since you noted it's part of the sympathetic nervous system that controls it (and it's been noted that I have severe nerve damage). My episode today was so bad, I felt I needed to go to the ER, but was too weak to make a move and initiate going. I was home alone with my 2 young sons, unable to get off the couch and found it difficult to focus on what was going on with them. When my husband came home, I mentioned to him how weak I was, but he is the type not to care - it's only an issue if it's him with the boo-boos. Too fearful of trying to drive myself, I asked my 4 year-old son to get me a glass of water and the salt shaker and drank myself some salt water in the hopes of getting my blood pressure up. I also quickly soaked in a hot bath with Epsom salts and eventually felt a bit better.

My next doctor appointment isn't for another 3 weeks, I hope I can hold out until then! Also, wanted to make note, I remember episodes like this a couple of years ago, before I started Cymbalta. After taking the Cymbalta, I felt much better! Because of finances and side-effects I didn't like, I went off of Cymbalta a few months ago. I believe the Cymbalta raises blood pressure -- not good for some, but was probably good for me!!
vannafeelbettr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (01-16-2010), SandyS (01-16-2010)