View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr View Post
With having RSD and all that goes with it, of course I've been fatigued and fog-headed for years. But the last several days, it has been so much worse! In the early afternoon, I've been having these "spells" where I am really weak, extremely fog-headed, nausiated, and have slowed-down breathing (so slow, it fact, I feel as though I have to consciously put out the effort to keep breathing; caught myself stopping breathing a couple of times -- and it's not anxiety). Haven't changed my diet or meds. I have 2 SCS and take percocet. When I have these spells, I'm (mentally, not physically) afraid of falling asleep because I'm afraid I will stop breathing. I'm assuming this is just really low blood pressure. Does that sound right? Anyone else relate to which I'm speaking of?

Thanks!!! Vanna
Hi Vanna Did I mention I bought a blood pressure kit with cuff. It is accurate and also has the blood pulse. I have a notebook and my internist has me keeping a dailey record. I think it was about $30 at Costco.
My Dr. said it's important not to keep my lead lowered, like when I'm shoppping and looking at clothes on a bottom shelf. Also, I wash my hair at a sink, rather than in shower-head is lowered too long and get dizzy. My Dr. says usually if this happens once, it often happens a 2nd or 3rd time. Not me, but a friend with RSD has had 3 episodes. They are really scary.I directed the ambulance to a good hospital-the one where we had our RSDSA annual meeting of '09. The para sympathetic nervous system controls lowering of our blood pressure.
Could you call your Dr. and get a cancellation appt.? Wish you well. loretta with soft hugs. Have you looked up rsd.rx.com? It's a Florida Dr. Hooshmands website. He's retired now, but kept the website up. Under the section called puzzles, he has a list of 146 questions from patients with his answers. It would be good for your husband to get educated. His compassion can only go up with knowledge of this devasting disease. Men like to be the ones taken care of, and less likely to like being a caretaker. Our daughter is 30 and a court reporter. She does medical malpractice depositions, and has done RSD depo. She and my husband have also gone to my Dr. with me and asked questions. They both have benefited from reading, and researching on their own. I'm grateful for that. They also don't let me be lazy, but encourage light exercise and invited me walking with them.
Have you taught your children about 911 and their address, just in case you were to pass out? Thinking of you, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (01-16-2010), SandyS (01-16-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-17-2010)