View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
Such as Mere. It's hard to be 'new' but simply being honest and curious and willing to do your own research [we can't do it all?] is all it needs. We are here because we WERE where you are NOW.
KP? And Mere? Do you have any copies of those tests done? The highlights or comments can be soo enlightening to you and can help US understand what's going on.
I once was new here, and reluctant to let others know too much about me? I still am in some ways. But, bits of info you feed us, help us check out sources we've gotten good at finding 'things' at! I've faith that both of you will give us info that can help us help you! Even tho we don't diagnose nor doe we treat!
In the meantime, keep yourselves glued together with HOPE and faith in yourselves! You have to have the latter to keep on going! I KNOW from experience!
Hugs and hope always! 's to you all!
From a previous post: My (Mere) neurologist has ordered lab work including,

2 hour glucose tolerance test,
methylmalonic acid, CK, Vit.D (25 hydroxy total), ANA, ESR, FTA, Lyme Western blot, comp. metabolic panel, CBC, SPEP w/immunofixation, SSA, SSB, Vit. E, cANCA, pANCA, ACE level, RF, antiribonucleoprotein, cryogloblins, anti ScI 70, copper.

I have already had numerous studies for thyroid dysfunction and the results are normal. I did work in a manufacturing atmosphere for 25 years, so yes, I have been exposed to chemicals. I can however place a finger on these problems occuring after the monoclonal pneumonia 20 years ago. At that time, I had terrible dyautonomia starting with tachycardia, etc. It did improve somewhat but then returned with terrible occurances in June and September of last year. On both occasions, I had numbness and tingling in my hands, feet and mouth. It eventually left except for the left hand and occurs elsewhere periodically.

My neurologist has advised me to take alphalipoic acid 600 mg and carnitine, 1000 mg (bid).

I should have results of the lab studies and the skin biopsies mid February.
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote