View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

5:12 am, had a lovely night actually, passed out comfortably at 11:30, fire bell went off at 1:30, they secured it, passed out again until 4:30 when I was woken up for pressure and temp check so they could get line going again.
In at 5 am exactly, Im on my way.......woooooohooooooo...(no relatives of the guy next to me stayed overnight last night)

not for anything other than feelings of a person being confined to a hospital bed.
for those who have never been in a hospital. female or male, we are all conscience of our bodies, how we feel, what we look like, etc....
I understand in todays day and age hospital nurses are way overworked and in this hospital one family member is allowed to stay here overnight with the patient. they have comfortable reclining chairs next to each bed and they supply blankets and pillows for a family member.
Ok, I understand, their are alot of elderly patients, or children, that are very frightened just because of their surroundings. Not miserable like me for reasons of discomfort or confinement, Im sure they suffer from that also. but feelings of actual fear, as I heard the elderly gentleman next to me telling his young nieces, when he begged one of them to spend the nights with him, he told them when wakes at night hes frightened not knowing where he is or seeing a familiar face, so one has stayed with him.
Now, Im not a prude, but I findthis a bit uncomfortable.this isnt a trained personal, and I have to make an extra effort to make sure when I get up at 2 am to pee, everything is covered, ya know, its the point of having a stranger sitting 5 feet from you when youre at your worse, and its not someone whos in the same boat as yourself, since lets face it, sick people tend to not give a hoot about anything except getting better.
I felt like everytime I got up to use the bathroom, or change clothes, shower, there were always eyes on me, and yes, Im paranoid, but when Im down and out, in a hospital bed, I dont need anything else making me uncomfortable. I did not complain, Im sure if I did, the relative would not be able to stay. Idnever do that.
but Id imagine if I was a 35 y/o woman, not being sexist here, Im not sure if I was half naked in a hospital gown, feeling like crap, having some strange man in my room all night long would not make me comfortable either.
Im not quite sure I understand it all, but when Im sitting here and a 25 y/o blond girl that looks like a model comes in at 10 pm to change my sheets, I could not care less if she sees anything, Im enjoying the view, yet, when Jose(that his name) my sweep up maintanence guy comes in, Id imagine him looking at a young woman laying here in a hospital gown would makea female patient a bit uncomfortable. I could be off here, so I wont go on, but comfort , personal dignity, is a big thing to me when at a hospital.eh,tihis is all off base, so I wont go on, just that I really didnt enjoy relatives of someone else in my sick room during my stay.

12 hours hopefully till I get to go home. gonna be a long 12 hours.

Last edited by allen L; 01-16-2010 at 05:45 AM.
allen L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote