View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 03:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Wonderful News

Wow, I wasn't expecting to read that after just 6 months of diagnosis, your son has been in remission. After suffering greatly for over 18 months, it took us eight more months just to get to a diagnosis. He was first told it was hemorrhoids by his PCP; then by a urologist: can't see anything on ultrasound, so go home & take antibiotics; then a 2nd opinion by another urologist: CT scan shows enlarged lymph nodes; and finally a gastroenterologist who diagnosed Crohn's. He was in such pain, and had lumps in his groin -- the doctors kept telling me "he's not in any pain, so..."

He's currently on low dose steroids, asacol (for crohn's), and clonidine, risperdol, & lexapro for his TS/OCD. He has to take about 16 pills a day, plus I have him taking the probiotic protocol supplements. I have wondered before, though, if something like the risperdol especially might be helping to cause some of his ulcerations.

Does your son suffer with tactile difficulties surrounding his food? That's been a major factor in mine's general health and diet. He told me the other day there's no way he could give up breads/pastas, as that's half of his intake already. He cannot tolerate vegetables (except starches) or fruits. I couldn't believe it when I read, though, that Occupational therapy can help with this form of tactile defensiveness. I took him for OT when he was 8, and they never told me that.

It's another thing I will have to put on the list to check into and get him more help with. Let me know if you have any info for me on the above. Any info is greatly appreciated!
TaffiMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote