View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynns409 View Post
Hey there!

Lowly nursing student here, but my first thought is narcotics. Some people can be very sensitive to them, and the major major side effect is a lower respiratory rate. With that comes increased CO2 levels, and with that can come fogginess and lightheaded weirdness. And sometimes we know what's wrong on a subconscious level- and if you think that you're going to stop breathing, I would look at something that correlates with that. Sometimes it's beneficial to look at the side effect of something you're already taking, or a condition you already have, rather than something new. Cause usually that's the case. Not always of course, but more often than not. Have you noticed yourself to be sensitive to narcotics? Does this happen if you don't take the percocet? And are you eating enough? I used to pass out and it was totally due to the fact that I had disordered eating. Try to plan meals at regular intervals and see if that makes a difference. Hopefully this will help you to put some clues or hints together that you haven't seen previously!

And if it gets bad and you are worried, listen to that instinct and see someone who can help!

Lynn
okay KS here..I am ditching my first thought of sleep apnea..great advice here... Sounds like RSD is knocking at your door in some form again... I really like having the Bp kit on hand at home..track your own pressure..call your doc. for a cancellation and need be... head for an ER before this gets too dangeriously scarey.. it could be an interaction with your meds...we are our own best advocate...all I can say is until one walks in our shoes..that have no stinkin idea..... Plz. Vanna..get to the bottom of this!!!

keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (01-16-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-17-2010)