View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
It will be a while, I think. The last I saw about stem cells, said that it is difficult to "control" them so they do what you want them to. Some studies, the cells have died. Some have made excess tissue which presses on things, etc.

Some of the PD members here have gone or are planning on going to Germany. It is frightfully expensive for the PD treatment.
(Parkinson's). You can search their forum "stem cells Germany" should bring those posts up.
Well there are other places that reportedly getting good results, theres doctor in india ( cant remember the name ) that seems to be getting a lot of press for it .

Also places like Brazil ( i know somoene from there planning to get it ) are pretty cheap ( 500 - 600 dollars ) per treatment .

If it can help somatosenry cortex of the brain - that also affects many other issues I happen to have i.e. loss of touch etc then why wouldnt it have a positive effect for pn too ?

Of course, Im no scientist so my knowledge of it is minimal at best.

I'll probably be dead by the time there any cure for this - so what do I do ?
Live miserably like some pill junkie and in the process just make the pharm drug industry even more powerul than it already is , is influencing treatments / studies ?

You just have to look at what its done for cancer research i.e. still no cure after 30 yrs to see where that route goes.
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote