View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention CFIDS, Fibro, etc...

Hi Idealist -- I suffer with a myraid of autoimmune problems as well. I was diagnosed with mono at 15, again at 18 (with liver complications), and again at 21. Each time I had new antibodies. I was then told I had EBV. At 22, I gave birth to my twins, and did much better overall. At around 35, I began having abdominal pain, sometimes I would be doubled over. My OB/GYN said I was fine. I kept telling my PCP that I was having to get up several times a night to pee, and he told me "don't drink so much pop." I only drank one soda a day, and no coffee. After complaining several times (gotta love that HMO) he finally referred me to a urologist, who said I had symptoms IC (interstitial cystitis). He performed a test on my bladder (out-patient, non-invasive surgical) and diagnosed me. I wish I could say I don't have any more pain, but at least I know what it is. And I was able to cut down on the severity by watching my diet and cutting out caffeine completely. Have you ever been checked for this, or do you need to urinate often? Also, my sister suffered for years with endemetriosis, which was misdiagnosed time and time again. Just some thoughts...
TaffiMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote