View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beansforme View Post
My 5 yo nephew has been having OCD behaviors for a month now. His doc said they stemmed from a school phobia.However he has had an eating disorder/been in food therapy since 2yo and his diet is very poor. He does not take a vitamin.
Hi,
He sounds a little like my son at age 5.
What sort of eating problems does he have exactly? Does he restrict his food intake to particular foods and particular textures or colours. Does he like to eat the same food for days or weeks at all?

I would suggest that if a 5 year old is showing obsessive compulsive behaviours, school phobia or anxiety of any type and rigid eating habits then it would be a really good idea for him to be assessed by a team who specialize in developmental disorders and/or Pervasive Developmental Disorders just to rule out that the behaviours are not part of that.

Would love to hear more from you about the eating difficulties and also what sort of OC behaviours that he's showing.

Was he ill at all just prior to a month ago when you say the OC behaviours started? No sore throats, rashes or high fevers?

sorry for all the questions, just might help if we knew more.
take care,
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote