View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 4

Okay, so I went to the dentist for a follow up and it was all good, the roof seems 'not so bulky' and the night drool is controlable, although there was the 'dream' that I was having of something in my mouth and trying to dislodge it with my tongue and when I woke up it was my dentures I was trying to push out...LOL......I have eaten a sandwhich and donut (do NOT eat a donut with coconut and if you do, take them out and clean them ASAP)....I am able to take them in and out without the mirror. STILL trying to figure out where to chew from, gums still sore naturally, but doing good. Speach is getting somewhat better and saliva getting controlable.

I will go back to work and use just protein shakes for a while for dinner break, i'll eat at home, where I can immediatley take out the dentures to clean them out and my gums as well.

but day by day getting very use to them, just in the mirror ALOT practising a smile, talking and then sitting by myself talking to myself and answering...LOL...

It is a huge life change, but I can tell you now that my lowers are getting flossed and brushed and will be tended to as if they are royalty!

I went to the store yesterday and was laughing at myself trying to ask for something from the clerk, thank goodness I'm a daily visitor and she could laugh with me...LOL...and she told me how beautiful they look and what a nice smile!

The swelling? Still a little bit like the Who from Whoville still, my cheeks, and my upperlip still swollen but that will come down in time.

Upswing? I have lost 1.5 lbs....so when I weigh in at Jenny Craig I will be at my target....LOL....
humarock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote