View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Thank you everyone!

Annie, thank you for the test suggestions. I have an appointment to see my doctor on the 28th, and I will be calling him on Monday.

And I do think I may be getting sick. I have a scratchy throat and sinus pressure, but no fever and I feel generally ok. Can being sick make MG symptoms less?

There are Buckthorn family plants here, Condalia and Ziziphus species. I haven't had any close contact with them recently, but there are three at the edge of my garden. I will get more information about these plants.

I don't have any hopes of improving, I only hope for some amount of stability and these new experiences are scary.

I hope you are feeling better Annie.

Nicky, you get this feeling too! I wonder if it has the same cause as mine. With Mestinon my neck and chest are not weak. This chest pressure with sore head and neck are not fun, and mine gets worse every time I take Mestinon.

My vision has been great (normal, lol) since Tuesday when I was working and has not gotten worse since I decreased my Mestinon dose. In fact, I really haven't felt weak at all, just a little tired like I have worked too hard or that I am getting sick. I feel much better than I have since I got MG, except for the chest/neck/head thing which is new.

Usually my vision is the first thing to go if I feel weak.

I don't understand how things can change so suddenly, especially when it seemed like my MG had stabilized and I had sort of figured out how to live with it.

I am currently taking 15 mg (1/4 of a pill) of Mestinon 3 times a day and it feels like too much. In fact, the Mestinon seems to be making me extra talkative and energetic, like drinking way too much coffee. I am relaxing and doing simple things because I don't want to come crashing down with weakness or something worse.

I was taking 30 mg of Mestinon 3 times a day and it was keeping my MG in control as long as I rested some days.

The difference now is that when it is time to take my next dose, I don't feel weak, I can't tell that I need more Mestinon.

I don't know what to think of it.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote