View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:57 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
My rsd is out of control. Now each time it has spread my Dr. increases narcotic or goes to the next strongest narcotic. I fear dependence, but he assures me that it is important right now to get RSD under control. Each of the meds I am on i have been on higher doses but too many side effects.
Lyrica 250mg(300 too out of it),cymbalta 30mg(higher too many side effects), lidoderm patch at night, just started Methadone. Have read methadone is good for RSD/chronic pain. Have tried darvocet, vicodin, valium, kadian, oxycontin and spreading and pain continues. I don't want to add more meds. Each of these supposedly does a different function to help control RSD so I take them.
If you are not on narcotics what are you on? Are you still in pain?
Could everyone list the medications you are taking right now?
Thanks for helping. momof4

Long ago, and far away,
Dr S, sent me to his pain management psychiatrist. She put me on methadone, with Dr. S's approval, and recommendation.
I cannot quote, but it was like this:
You've been taking weaker meds that "mess up your head" ((MY complaint)), now you can take an "Appropriate drug", and feel better, and work better.
Methadone returned my life for about 15 years, when, I was in another devastating accident that should have killed me!
(I've now lost most everything I owned, I was "well off", but, that didn't make me alive!)
Now, I can concentrate on "being better" and living a less angry life. In fact, I'm starting to enjoy it again!
As if God meant this for me!

Don't be afraid of the stronger meds, be afraid of "too much" of the weaker meds!
They'll mess you up!

I agree with your doctor, what you wrote, 100%!
I think that you should give it a chance, too!

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (01-16-2010), RNcrps2 (01-16-2010)