View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default do you have a home blood pressure monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about my recent experience (my doctor won't be available for questions until Monday and I do intend to ask him on Monday).

After some outdoor work on Tuesday, I experiences sore muscles.

On Wednesday this got worse and I thought I had just overdone it due to not enough exercise. By the end of the day and continueing Thursday(yesterday) my muscles got even more sore. My muscles on my head, neck and chest were especially sore and tight. I had some kind of headache that seemed to be muscle related since it felt good to massage my head.

I didn't understand what might be causing these muscle cramps/pains. I realized that I felt nervous and my heart rate was higher than usual. This is similar to what I felt when I took too much Mestinon, so my assumption is that I am taking too much Mestinon again.

Today I decided to take 1/2 my usual dose of Mestinon. I am feeling better, in fact much better than usual. The sore muscles are still there but getting better as the day goes by. I have less weakness than usual and not getting tired like I usually do.

I have mild MG while taking Mestinon, but my MG was severe before I started Mestinon.

What is going on? Is my MG improving? Can a person suddenly need less Mestinon? I feel hopeful, but at the same time afraid that thhelps ese muscle cramps are a sign of some new bad thing happening.

Any thoughts?

Thank you everyone.
I have experienced for last twelve weeks exactly these symtoms of head,neck shoulders and chest and sore muscles.
i bought an electric hand massager which you say helps but it returns.
i know now it was the pred pushing my blood pressure up to 140/80sometimes much higher.
i decided to take myself off pred .My blood pressure has returned to normal and all the systems above are gone .
i experimented which i know I should not have with my brothers bp medicine and when it brought my blood pressure down while I was on pred the symtoms also went .
Therefore i know high blood pressure was causing the symtoms.
I had a stressful situation yesterday and for a short period the symtoms returned .
Stress resolved today symtoms gone.
Hope this helps
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-16-2010)