View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by momw/rsdchild View Post
Hello!

My 15 year old daughter has RSD/CRPS. She was diagnosed 3 years ago at the age of 12. It is in her left leg. She is in a bad flare up right now. We just moved to Oklahoma from Texas and I am wondering if anyone has a good doc they can recommend in OK. TX is so far to go when she is in such intense pain.

I have also read that some people have had good results with TENS units. I have one that I use for pelvic pain issues that I thought I could try with her if I knew where to put the leads. I don't know if I should put them on her leg where the pain is or on her low back where those nerves begin. Anyone with info or experience on this - your advice would be appreciated.

Just hoping to get some support for her and myself as her mom.
Dear momw/rsdchild,

Rsd is such an ugly aniimal...I am sorry for your daughter and also for you having to endure watching her have to go thru this... As a Mom, I always said I am happy that it is me not one of my kids nor my husband suffering... As far as the tens, if she can tolerate having it on her directly at the most severe RSD spot..that might be the best place but what I really want to say is please find and treat with a good knowledgeable RSD Dr...right away get their recommendtion and act early ie.. tens unit and more..... As your daughter is young and the sooner you act on pain intervention the better she may respond to lowering her pain levels and having possible spread.

Heres wishing you a really great day and her a low pain level day...You've come to the right spot in finding very caring wonderful people!!

Keep smilin...
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-17-2010), Hockey (01-19-2010)