View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jemahon,

That driving thing sounds rather familiar, too. Does it happen to you in other situations? I mean, do you suddenly find yourself places without knowing why?

It could well just be a lapse in concentration. However, you need to mention this to your doctor as it could be a form of seizure.

In the months after I woke up, people often thought I was daydreaming or "zoned out." In fact, I was having absence seizures. I'd find myself in places with no memory of why or how. If somebody left the room when I was having an absence seizure, when I snapped back in it was like they'd vanished suddenly into thin air.

Later I started to have a wierd experience where, for example, I'd be sitting at dinner with my family and it suddenly felt like they were far away. I could see, hear and understand them, but I couldn’t will myself to move or say anything. These episodes could last a good ninety seconds. At first my neuro thought this might be something that can happen to TBI patients called "depersonalization." However, in my case, these turned out to be simple partial seizures.

Anyway, the point is that you need to discuss this with your doctor. Hopefully, what you're experiencing isn't more (not that that's not bad enough) than lack of focus. However, we tbi folks are vulnerable to seizures and you need to check it out.

Good Luck
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote