Thread: Hair colouring
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very possible. For a time, I had a terrible time with chemicals. At work, my boss had these Glade Vanilla Plug-ins, and I had to ask him please to not use them...I would get so sick. The office across the hall has this orange scents industrial strength room deodorizer that you only need to spray for a second, it's so strong. To this day, I have issues with it. They gave one of our office people a can to try, and I could feel it hit my lungs, and it became very difficult to breathe. She was told not to use, and did once again anyways. After that, I searched the office until I found the can, and she WILL never use it again! I can't burn several varieties of candles..Yankee Candles are too heavily scented and I can't breathe, and I love candles.

At this time of year, the carpets get so bad at work, and the doctor tries to treat them himself. He sprinkled Carpet Fresh, and sprayed one of those foaming cleaners on the floor, the two chemicals together, gave me a sinus infection...was terrible. Every week when she vaccumed, I would react...now he doesn't use Carpet Fresh either, and when he sprays the foam, I leave before hand.

One time, my daughter and I drove pass a carnival with rides, all I could smell was the diesel fuel for the rides, all she could smell was the popcorn, and I could not smell the popcorn. The scent of the fuel made me sick to my stomach....I think I have gotten better since then though.

I just purchased a new Bath & Body Works scent, it's beautiful..Midnight Jasmine, but I react to it, so I had to return it and exchange for one of my old standbys.

Thankfully, my hair dye doesn't bother me...if it did, I would be so gray by now.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote