View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
Such as Mere. It's hard to be 'new' but simply being honest and curious and willing to do your own research [we can't do it all?] is all it needs. We are here because we WERE where you are NOW.
KP? And Mere? Do you have any copies of those tests done? The highlights or comments can be soo enlightening to you and can help US understand what's going on.
I once was new here, and reluctant to let others know too much about me? I still am in some ways. But, bits of info you feed us, help us check out sources we've gotten good at finding 'things' at! I've faith that both of you will give us info that can help us help you! Even tho we don't diagnose nor doe we treat!
In the meantime, keep yourselves glued together with HOPE and faith in yourselves! You have to have the latter to keep on going! I KNOW from experience!
Hugs and hope always! 's to you all!
Thanks dahlek. My life is an open book, if you need additional info....ask away. The impression on the EMG/NCS says: The above EMG/NCS reveal electrical evidence of a mixed axonal and demyelinating peripheral polyneuropathy. There was no electrical evidence of superimposed cervical / lumbosacral polyradiculopathy, myopathy or mononeuritis multiplex.

In reading through the lengthy report, it is mentioned several times that the "F" wave latency is absent. (R. ulnar,R. median, L. median, R.post-tibial, right peroneal and left peroneal) Also the right and left sural sensory terminal latency is absent.

The strange thing is that up until this test was completed, the diagnosis from the neuro was "mononeuritis multiplex."

My ACE level was elevated in the blood work and there was some concern about sarcoidosis. I was sent for a chest x-ray to rule that out and the result was a normal chest x-ray. My arsenic level was high initially, the repeat was within normal limits. Other heavy metals were normal. My ESR was slightly high at 23 with the normal range being 0-20. B12 was 521 and Folate was 13.9

Not sure what else is critical to share so that you can help with this puzzle. I am more than willing to roll my sleeves up and get my hands dirty in a search for answers. I appreciate any help I can get from my new friends and do believe that there is strength in numbers. I also believe that what doesn't kill me will make me stronger. Looking forward to hearing from you and anyone else with wisdom to share.
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote