View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I use it

My Rheumy prescribed it for me for myofacial pain. This was after my first round of RSD was in remission and before round2 began. If I take it at a rate of 2 tablets at a time and take it at max dose for a day or so ( I am allowed to take it up to four times a day), it will help quite a bit. BUT it gives me a nasty headache (migraine strentgth!!). We found that if I am on at least 175 mg topomax, I can use the Ultram without the headache being so bad that I could not tolerate it.

It has not helped the RSD pain. I will use when the myofacial pain is kicking up, but even using it 8 a day for 2-3 months did not do anything for the RSD. She does not prescribe Ultracet because of the tylenol in it. She told me I can take tylenol with it if I really needed to, but would prefer I did not. (that is the difference between ultram and ultracet - added tylenol.)

A woman I work with accepted some Ultram from another co-worker for a backache one day. She took only one-- and two hours later, nearly had to be hospitalized it made her so sick. They wanted to call the emergency squad, but she refused. This was on a Friday afternoon. Someone drove her home and waited while her husband was called home from his job to be with her. She was ill all weekend. Vomiting, chills, pain, diarheah, rash etc. She said she had never felt so bad. She has a daughter that is 10 or 11 and it was a perfect lesson for her on what happens to you when you take drugs from other people.

Other than the headache, I have no ill effects from it. And, I am normally very susceptable to side effects. So, I think you just have to try it to see.

Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote