View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Please let us know how this is working out for you. I saw a doctor who does acupuncture and complementary medicine and he said when I first saw him that I had adrenal fatigue also. He was also the person that made me change my vitamin D amount. My vitamin D was very low for a long time so he asked me to try using 50,000 units two or three times a week. This got my hydroxy 25 test for vitamin D up to 53 I believe. He also mentioned that my hormones were off and I needed to fix my testosterone levels. It took six months to get my testosterone levels back to normal by doing injections twice a month. I had just started B12 injections and he told me to double that so I was taking 2000 mL twice a month. This got my B12 to be in the 800s rather than almost nothing. But testosterone took so long because of the high dose of narcotics I was on, at least that's what I was told. But at least now I can sleep a few hours and sometimes I even get a five-minute dream in. It's been years since I've had a dream. I've been in several sleep studies and they say that I never got above phase 2 out of the six phases. Phase 4 or level IV or whatever it's called is when you get into a deep enough sleep to dream.

I went back to my notes to see what he wrote up for adrenal fatigue. Vitamin C 1000 mg three times per day.
Pantothenic acid(B5) 250 mg twice per day.
B. complex 100 mg.
Coenzyme Q10 100 mg daily.

Major herbs are ginseng, licorice. A better approach is a combination of a variety of herbs such as Astragalus, ginseng, licorice,Rehmannia,Atractylodes and others.

In the last month I started taking One-A-Day gummy bears. They're easy for me to remember to take in and previous multivitamins always had something in it that upset my stomach and these don't.

I did not try the herbs but taking the vitamins and testosterone has greatly helped me feel better.

If anybody is taking anything different than what I have listed please let me know as I would like to try it.

Thanks and be well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr View Post
Today I saw a well- recommended Chiro/Holistic Healer, who addressed that a big problem RSD sufferers have is a weak adrenal gland. I ask, "What exactly does the adrenal gland do?" She says, "You know when you drink that cup of coffee and it gives you that energy boost? The energy boost comes from the caffeine stimulating the adrenal glands." "Funny," I say, "Because I never get any kind of energy boost when I drink coffee. Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever." She smiled, and simply said, "That is because your adrenal gland is kaput, underactive, and not working properly. Most people with RSD have this problem."

She suggested some supplements to me and I am going to try them. I did an online adrenal gland test and the questions that were asked (fatigue, mood swings, trouble sleeping, weakness, inability to "bounce back" from physical activity, brainfog, short-term memory issues, etc.) totally matched me. I decided to try GAIA Herbs Adrenal Health (about $20 on amazon.com) because all it's reviews were 5 stars. Can't wait until they arrive and see if they make a difference in my "pooped" self!!!

ALASKA MIKE
ARACHNOIDITIS,CRPStype2/CAUSALGIA since 2004
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (01-17-2010), vannafeelbettr (01-18-2010)