View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jana,

I read your post earlier today, and I thought that it was a great post, but I had to go out, and didn't have a chance to reply...

I'm not sure if I did it right, but I took a deep breath in, then counted as I exhaled. I got to 38.

I think that Alice is right on the money. I think that there are different types of breathing problems in MG, with different rates of decline for each person, and different muscles affected, all which can impact breathing. I think that mine came on slowly and so I've been able to compensate/deal with it using a variety of muscles and movements in order to make sure I get enough breath.

When my tongue and palate became affected, though, I think that something else (not sure what muscle) also became affected and this results in the gasping while I'm talking, but that goes away after the plex. It might be because air excapes from my nose at a faster rate then can be accomodated with in terms of the talking, or again, something else became simultaneously affected which causes the gasping.

Anyway, good thread!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (01-18-2010)