View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Down Cyclosporine? Anyone else have these problems?

Hey guys! I hope this post finds all of you strong and healthy! I've missed all of you so very much!

I was in the hospital for more IV IG but it was cut short - my neuro is still arguing that it is causing my back pain.......only 3 days this time.

Anyway, for those of you that have used cyclosporine, have your bones become brittle? Now I have another break and am getting tired of it! This medicine is a real bear!

I've also experienced incredible weight gain - so much so that I now have huge stretch marks, skin that cracks, extreme fatigue, edema, dv, etc. It has been recalled and I am on my way to the Mayo for more info, but feel like the cyclosporine really screwed me up.

I am also getting a new neuro. I love the one I have but he just doesn;t understand that when I say I'm in pain, I'm in pain! I even woke up @ the hospital screaming from pain and he refused pain meds....the nurse went over his head and gave me some anyway. She is a gutsy little gal! She contacted the other dr and was given permission.

I really hope and pray that the Mayo is able to give me some answers!

Any info would be appreciated.....

Love,
Erin