View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
I KNOW smoking doesn't help. I have a RX for Chantix but it is $156. for a 28 supply and insurance doesn't cover any of it. I am hoping to get that filled here in the next week or 2.
Kendra,

My dad smoked and had a hard time quitting, he finally switched to some herbs. He said it worked great for him. He drinks teas and uses herbal chewing tobacco now. He said that the craving for nicotine never goes away but that the herbs satisfy the cravings.

Today I saw an article on these herbal substitutions and thought you might be interested. Be careful since some of these herbs have side effects that might be bad for MG.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2773/

I was looking for teas that might help my possible chest cold. I can't figure out if I am sick or not. My chest area muscles are so tight I feel like I have bruised ribs. I do have a slight cough so I though some tea would help.

I hope your bronchitis has gotten bettter.

I am curious about the platelet thing. My dad's family has a history of blood problems...and my grampa died from a blood clot in his knee (when I was a teenager).

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote